School Fundraising and Educational Programs
School involvement will create a large portion of our fundraising dollars yearly, September through to June. We will be asking schools involved with our education program to develop a fundraising campaign within their school. Specific fundraisers will be at the discretion of individual schools; however we will support their efforts with guest speakers, promotional material, and other relevant requirements.
K.I.D.S. offers Canada’s corporate community a variety of ways to support children’s futures globally.
- Sponsorship: Will seek corporate sponsorship where appropriate for signature events
- Employee Giving: Engaged corporate partners will be offered the opportunity to support K.I.D.S. through a program whereby their employees will donate a set amount from each pay cheque. The structure of such programs will be largely determined by existing employee giving programs in each corporation.
- Cause-Related Marketing Promotion: Will provide companies with the opportunity to contribute a portion of the sales of a specific product or service to K.I.D.S.
- Third Party: We can provide fundraising tools such as pledge forms and budget worksheets to facilitate third party fundraising for corporate partners and community members.
- Merchandise Sales: K.I.D.S. Initiative has authentic Kenyan merchandise for sale. These sales will be made online or at community events.
- Memorial Donations: The memorial program comprises of making a gift in memory of a loved one who has passed away. A sympathy card will be sent to the family or friends the donor designates.
- Tribute Donations: The tribute program allows people to celebrate a special occasion in the life of a friend, family member or colleague. A personalized card will be sent to the honoree on the donor’s behalf.
- General Donations: General donations can be made as a gift in the donor’s name in support of development and sustainability programs.
- Monthly Giving: A monthly gift is an agreement to donate once per month to K.I.D.S. Initiatives development & sustainability programs.
We hold an Annual Cocktail Reception & brand new in 2015 will be our intimate dinner prior to our Annual Cocktail Reception. Revenue will be generated by ticket sales, auctions, and raffles.